Monday, August 4, 2008

In a Rut

As most of you know I went to youth camp with Boog and our youth this summer. It was great! I got to spend a week with some great students and also spend more time in prayer and in God's word than I have in a long time. It was all that I remember youth camp to be even the part were the week seemed so short. I walked away from the week deciding to keep two things a routine in my day to day activities. I was going to keep exercising and stay in the word because it had been such a good week and I felt great and everyone knows that those two ingredients are needed. Well the first thing I mentioned has went well. I run two miles every other day and I feel great. No matter how hot or how tired I am after work. The next thing I mention should have been first on my list but some how never finds it's way there. I was good for the first two weeks. I would get up early ever morning before work and read a little of God's word every day. The third week did not go so well, I decided I need some more sleep because I was too tired. That's OK though I just went to work and change my schedule so that I would get to work an hour later every day(that is a blessing in itself). This would be great I could sleep later and still read my bible, BUT it has not went so well. Why is it I can find time to do every thing I want to do but not what I know I need to do. It is definitely not because God hasn't done any thing for me. I have a great family, great job, and surrounded by good christian friends and yet I always find myself saying I will start tomorrow. Thank you Jesus for not saying I will start tomorrow when you were on a hill 2000 years ago for me!!!!!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I know the feeling! I have just been praying that God would make HIS word one of my "want to's" instead a "need to".